On the Sky platform, in some areas certain free to air channels or their HD counterparts are not available. For example, Channel 4 HD, ITV, and Channel 5 are not on the Irish EPG. This means they will not show up in your normal channel list. But there is a workaround. You can add them to other channels.
With Sky Q, the process has a few different steps, and you will need your SKY Q pin to add the channels as well as watch them.
You will still not be able to record these channels or view the tv guide information for anything more than what’s on now or next.
Here are the steps.
1. Browse the below tablet and locate the TV station you wish to add to your system (there is also a link below to more channels if you wish to add more than what’s on the list)
2. Go to your TV Guide using your remote -by pressing the home button.
3. Navigate the menu on the left hand side of the screen and find “Settings”
4. Once here choose “Manual Tuning”
5. You will be asked to insert your PIN code.
6. Select “Add a channel”
7. The below tablet has all the numbers you need to enter, just make sure they match what is on the table below.
8. Input the codes for the channel you want to add and then choose “Find Channels”.
9. On the next screen choose the channels you want from the list by pressing select, you may find other channels you like or dislike.
10. Finally Select “Save Channels”.
Repeat this process for each channel you would like to add.
To watch any of the channels, go back to the “Settings > Manual Tuning” menu and choose the channel you want to watch.
You will need to enter your PIN each time.
You cannot record these channels and there is no way to add them to your favourites for quick access.
Sky FTA Table
|Channels on transponder|
• FTA channels are in green ··· SD in normal letters ··· HD in bold
• Encrypted channels are in black ··· SD in normal letters ··· HD in bold
Low 9.75 GHz
High 10.6 GHz
|Astra 2E UK||10714 H||c4 l, Channel 4, Channel 4, Channel 4, Channel 4, Channel 4, Channel 4+1, E4, E4+1, Film4, More4, More4+1||DVB-S QPSK|
|964 MHz L||304 MHz|
|Astra 2E UK||10758 V||CITV, ITV, ITV, ITV, ITV, ITV Wales, ITV+1, ITV2, ITV4, ITV4+1, ITVBe||DVB-S QPSK|
|1008 MHz L||348 MHz|
|Astra 2E UK||10773 H||BBC Four, BBC Four, BBC One CI, BBC One East W, BBC One Lon, BBC One Lon, BBC One West, BBC RB 1, BBC Two, BBC Two, CBeebies, CBeebies||DVB-S QPSK|
|1023 MHz L||363 MHz|
|Astra 2E UK||10788 V||BBC One E Mid, BBC One East E, BBC One W Mid, BBC One Wales, BBC One Yk&Li, BBC Parliament, BBC Two Wales, ETV5||DVB-S QPSK|
|1038 MHz L||378 MHz|
|Astra 2E UK||10803 H||BBC ALBA, BBC ALBA, BBC One N West, BBC One NE&C, BBC One S East, BBC One Scot, BBC One Yorks, BBC Scotland||DVB-S QPSK|
|1053 MHz L||393 MHz|
|Astra 2E UK||10818 V||BBC NEWS, BBC One NI, BBC One NI, BBC One Oxford, BBC One S West, BBC One South, BBC Two NI, BBC Two NI, CBBC, CBBC, ETV6||DVB-S QPSK|
|1068 MHz L||408 MHz|
|Astra 2E UK||10847 V||6945, BBC One HD, BBC One HD, BBC One NI HD, BBC One NI HD, BBC Two HD, BBC Two HD, BBC Two Wal HD, CBBC HD, CBBC HD||DVB-S2 8PSK|
|1097 MHz L||437 MHz|
|Astra 2E UK||10891 H||ITV, ITV, ITV, ITV, ITV, ITV, ITV, ITV+1, ITV+1, ITV2+1, ITVBe+1||DVB-S QPSK|
|1141 MHz L||481 MHz|
|Astra 2E UK||10906 V||ITV, ITV, ITV+1, ITV3, ITV3+1, STV, stv, stv, STV, UTV, UTV+1||DVB-S QPSK|
|1156 MHz L||496 MHz|
|Astra 2E UK||10936 V||Channel 4, Channel 4, Channel 4+1, Channel 4+1, Channel 4+1, Channel 4+1, E4, E4+1, Film4, Film4+1, More4||DVB-S QPSK|
|1186 MHz L||526 MHz|
|Astra 2G UK||10964 H||5 USA, 5SELECT, 5STAR, 5STAR+1, 5USA+1, Channel 5, Channel 5 HD, Channel 5+1, NickJr. Too, Paramount||DVB-S QPSK|
|1214 MHz L||554 MHz|
|Astra 2G UK||11023 H||BBC Four HD, BBC Four HD, BBC NEWS HD, BBC One ScotHD, BBC One Wal HD, BBCScotlandHD, CBeebies HD, CBeebies HD||DVB-S2 8PSK|
|1273 MHz L||613 MHz|
|Astra 2G UK||11053 H||ITV HD, ITV HD, ITV HD, ITV HD, ITV Wales HD, ITV2 HD||DVB-S2 8PSK|
|1303 MHz L||643 MHz|
|Astra 2G UK||11068 V||ITV HD, ITV HD, ITV HD, ITV4 HD, STV HD, UTV HD||DVB-S2 8PSK|
|1318 MHz L||658 MHz|