Automattic, the folks behind wordpress blogging platform have updated their iPhone and iPad app, which allows you to manage many features of your wordpress powered blog from your iOS powered device.
With this update the ability to upload video is introduced, you can now upload video directly to your website using the app. “With 2.6 you can now record, upload, attach, and play videos within the app”.
The developers also re wrote some code to manage the way local drafts are managed. Autosave and post revisions are also now available in the app. The developers are also turning their focus to media management “What would a new video feature be without a new Media Library to go along with it? We’ve taken the old Photos tab and turned it into a new Media Library more along the lines of what you’re used to with WordPress.”
- Video. Record, upload, attach, and play videos within the app. Yay for being able to catch your friends’ and co-workers’ most
embarrassing shenaniganscreative moments with iPhone video and publish them immediately for all the world to see on your WordPress site.
- A total rewrite of the way local drafts are handled, to prevent the unintentional loss of your pending posts.
- Autosave/post revisions. Bam! One of the “oh, thank goodness” features of the web app makes it into the iOS version.
- Easier setup. Faster and easier process for adding your sites to the app.
- Media Library. We’re gradually getting closer to the media management you’re used to in the web app.
Check out the iOS wordpress blog for a full breakdown of the deveopment and features of this application for iOS.