Note: This post was written on
This is not really me having a go at three mobile. But here is a list of things about the mobile network that I really dislike and things you will miss if you move to that network, I’m doing this also because of the launch of their new advertising campaign.
1. The Internet – it’s like being at work – Three Mobile decides what sites you can and cannot use.
2. Topping Up- Only way to do it is in your local shop/supermarket – and usually they have never heard of Three Mobile so they have to get the manager.
3. On Screen top-up balance – can’t do it – you have to call the automated line.
4. TV – notice that in their recent campaign – which I understand is an expensive one – they mention TV there is NO TV service, apart from clips from three shows Little Britain, Father Ted and the Office.
5. Music & Games – They want 2 euro per tune (99 cent on itunes) and 7 euro upwards for games!
Having said all this there are advantages such as cheap roaming costs, 5c text messages, cool phones, their coverage is pretty good mostly due to their Vodafone agreement. But I have noticed my phone loses coverage sometimes for up to five minutes while it tries to switch from one network to the other.
DISCUSS THIS POST FURTHER ON IRISHMOBILEPHONE.COM FORUMS